Saturday, November 20, 2010

Universal Life Church

This is the ULC Seminary Newsletter Announcement. 
November 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Harvest!



Hello!

The holidays are, once again, upon us! If you need to fix your name or email address, or other information, click.



AFFILIATE PROGRAM - The newest, most exciting thing that I've been working on is finally ready. I am asked, on an almost daily basis by ministers, if they know of any ways for their ministry to raise funds. Either that, or people tell me that they would love to take a class, but they are currently out of work or just don't have the money and many ask if I know of any jobs available. Jobs, specifically, no I don't, but after some thought, it occurred to me of a way that many of you can make some money for yourselves or your ministries.

The ULC Seminary is now offering an affiliate program! The link is: http://www.ulcseminary.org/idevaffiliate/. It's brand new, so more things will be added as I go, and there may be a few bugs, but I think it's ready to rock and roll right now.

It's free to join

You get a $10 bonus just for signing up.

You earn money with every sale that comes through your link.

You can track the link 24/7 to check on sales and traffic.

You will get paid monthly.


You can use any or all of the links on your website. I currently have several banners and some text links. You can choose which banner (s) you like, depending on what products you want to market. Each banner takes you to a separate category in the store that sells only those items.



I am, of course, open to suggestions for improvement. The page it's on, currently, doesn't have the framework of the rest of the site because I haven't figured out how to do that yet, but I will learn more as time goes on.



Once you sign up, there are a bunch of videos to help you get going. It's good stuff. Try it out and let me know what you think! I could use some people to beta-test it, so sign up and put in an order and you'll at least get a percentage off of your own order. I'm still checking to make sure everything tracks, so when you make an order, let me know and I'll go in and track it to be sure you get paid. I asked someone to beta test it, but he used the 'check or money order' option and I won't know how that tracks until the payment happens. So please try the credit card or paypal and I can track it and make sure it all works.



LATEST LESSONS - The last month or so has been a lesson in adjusting expectations. Expectations are normal. We all have them. We expect things of our spouses, significant others, teachers, students, parents, pretty much everyone we know. The difficult thing is when one's expectations aren't met. That's the point when you have to look past the disappointment and try to determine if it happened because your expectations were unrealistic or whether the other person is not someone you should place expectations on. Some people are basically not dependable.



I've been working on this. There are times I feel disappointed or sad and I've been looking at my expectations. I've found that I've often expected things of people who are not in a place to fulfill them. Even if it's something like a regular phone call or someone you can count on to pick you up from the airport. So I'm trying to adjust what I ask of people by what I know they are capable of and to withhold my judgment. Not always easy! By learning to be aware of other people's limitations, I can perhaps grow through my own.



EVENT DIRECTORY - I've had a lot of people ask me how to record their ceremonies and events with the church. I have created a place for you to do that. http://ulcseminary.org/eventdirectory.php



Go to this page and you can input any and all of your weddings, funerals, handfastings, baby blessings/namings, etc. It will be recorded in our database for future reference. It won't be visible, but it can be retrieved if you ask. Check it out and let me know what you think.



NEW COURSES - I've had people ask me if I had a course planned on Life Coaching, spiritual counseling, and I believe the other was Humanism. I don't currently have anyone who has offered to write such a course, but if you or someone you know is interested, please review the page http://www.ulcseminary.org/coursesubmission.php and get back to me. I will, probably next month, be offering a course on Theosophy. From what I've read so far, it's a fascinating course. I've had many courses submitted to me recently, but I haven't had time to look at all of them. If you are one of those who have sent me something and have yet to hear back, please don't despair - I'm working on it!



ADDING ORDINATION OPTION TO YOUR OWN SITE - Another thing you can add to your own site, along with the affiliate program, is the ability to ordain others through your site. I've created a form that you can copy and paste into the body of a page of your website and your visitors can ordain themselves using YOUR website. It's something great you can offer people at no cost and little effort for you.



I put the code at http://www.ulcseminary.org/ordinationform.php You can put it in a column, like I did at http://ulcceremonies.com or you can put it on its own page. I think it is a great way to spread the word of ULC and you're giving people the convenience of doing it right from your own site. There are also instructions to add a line to the code (cut and paste) so you will be notified whenever someone is ordained through your site. If you put the form on your site, send me a link and I'll check it out. :) Let me know if you have any problems and I can try to help. Please run a test on it to be sure it works properly.



HEADER - I have managed to fix the header on the site after I 'fixed' it. lol. I changed the drop-down menu to being just one menu for the whole site. I may have missed a few pages, but I'll be working on it.



SPAM - INCLUDE A SUBJECT LINE PLEASE - The latest spam thing going out is to get emails from familiar addresses, but with no subject line. What that means is that if an email doesn't have a subject line, it will be deleted without being read. I'm sure I'm missing a few real ones that way, but to open all of them is very time-consuming, so please include a descriptive subject.



If you're new to the Seminary, check out announcements from previous months at ULC ANNOUNCEMENTS





Warmly,

Rev. Amy Long
President of ULC Seminary


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive and affordable online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, a beginning course on  Wicca, as well as a beginning course on  Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is a free and lifetime ordination, so use the Free Online Ordination, button. We also make available many free wedding ceremonies for your use, as well as funeral ceremonies and other types of ceremonies.

 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program where you can earn the coveted title of Chaplain. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church materials to help you with your professionalism and confidence.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and an amazed by the frequent upgrades and new functions of the seminary.
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: