Thursday, October 16, 2008

Universal Life Church

UNIVERSAL LIFE CHURCH MAILINGS ARCHIVE - SEPTEMBER 2007


Hello!

Well, I have some good news and I have some bad news. It's actually the same news, so it's really a matter of perspective. I'm going to be extending the deadline for the Who's Who book at least through the end of September.

The good news part of this is that I'm finding a whole bunch of new ULC ministers to share this information with. I underestimated the amount of time it would take to spread the word. Please put the link information or book information on your websites or in your yahoo groups or other forums. I would love to see this be a huge success, and I really need your help.

The bad news (for me) is that my book printer seems to have gone belly-up, so I need to find a new printer. That's another reason for the change in deadline. If any of you know of any good book printers, I'd love to have the company's contact info.

I also want to have as many people as possible in this book and I've had quite a few people ask me to extend the deadline for financial reasons or time constraints. I want the book to have as many people in it who wish to be a part of it, so I want to do whatever I can to accommodate that. If financial concerns are an issue, I'm happy to spread the payments out for you, so please feel free to ask. You can send several post-dated checks or we can make another arrangement. I would hate to have money stand in the way of your being in the book. As a reminder, the cost for the one page is $50, which includes one page of text, a picture (high resolution) and two copies of the finished book. Extra copies of the finished book are $15.

I have already received quite a few wonderful stories. What I'm finding interesting is that most (if not all -- I haven't read all of them yet) are talking more about their experience with ULC and how it changed their lives, as opposed to the 'horn-tooting' that so many are concerned about.

Please, when you do send your picture, send one with as high a resolution as possible. They will look much better in the book if they are higher resolution. If you sent one that is low resolution, please send me a new one.

So, for now, I'm extending the deadline for another month. I'll extend it again if I have to, but I'd like to get this show on the road. Once I have a substantial number of participants, we'll go to press. Be sure to get your submission in as soon as possible, so you can be sure to be included. And please let me know of anyone else you think qualifies for inclusion in the book. You can add them yourself at _____ or just send me their email and I can add them myself.

As for other news, of course we have some. We are launching a new seminary course. The Dr. of Shamanism Course is back! It's a brand new course, written by a new author. Bishop Pat has written many things for us before and is an excellent author. He is very generously donating this course to the Seminary, which will allow us more money to have more clerical help for the Seminary. Right now, the website upkeep and adding of new programs and materials falls entirely on me. Josh Copeland maintains our forum (and does a great job!) and we have Monica doing the bulk of the orders, with Jon, our cardmaker, taking care of those. Headquarters sends the credentials. But still, I could use some help with the course, the blogs and the RSS feed, and the extra money from the donated course will let me hire Monica to help add new sermons to our weekly sermon page and weekly Sunday School lessons to the new Sunday School Lesson feature as well.

Oh, did I mention that we now have a new weekly Sunday School feature? You can go to http://www.ulcseminary.org/sundayschool.php and sign up for this free service. Once a week, we will send you a Sunday School lesson that you can share with your children or your congregation. This is similar to the Religious Sermon feature that I talked about a few weeks ago.

To see all of the courses we have to offer, go to Seminary Courses, which lists all of the courses. We have a lot of amazing courses, so take a look in case you've missed any of the recent mailings. This is also your last chance to take the Islamic Studies course, as it ends on the first of September. Please sign up and reserve your spot.

Lastly, we have a new product -- Photo ID cards. You can get a ULC ID card with your picture on it, but please, if you do, send a very high resolution picture. Keep it big. People are sending in tiny, little, shrunk for the web, pictures which look terrible on the card. So please send large pictures.

I know this one was pretty long, so thanks for hanging in with me!

As always, I appreciate having you as a member of the ULC Seminary. I do my best to keep things fresh for you all and appreciate all your suggestions, assistance and input.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know by writing to amy@ulcseminary.org.



Amy Long

ULC Seminary Director



*******************************


The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive and affordable online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, a beginning course on  Wicca, as well as a beginning course on  Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.


Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is a free and lifetime ordination, so use the Free Online Ordination, button. We also make available many free wedding ceremonies for your use, as well as funeral ceremonies and other types of ceremonies.

 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program where you can earn the coveted title of Chaplain. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church materials to help you with your professionalism and confidence.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and an amazed by the frequent upgrades and new functions of the seminary.
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: