Monday, May 24, 2010

Universal Life Church

Universal Life Church - May 2008
Hello!

Much has been going on at the Seminary lately. The first thing is that we have a new course called the Master of Christian History. Info about the course: 

"This is a historical survey covering the history of Christianity up to 1054. The growth of the Christian church has taken place within a historical context. Over time, the Christian church has been influenced by the political, economic, socio-cultural, intellectual, and artistic movements of each epoch of world history and has in turn influenced those self-same historical epochs as well. 

The history of Christianity and world history are in many ways intertwined. With this in mind, we will engage in a historical journey that begins with the founding of the Christian church in the midst of the Roman Empire of the 1st century A.D. and continuing up to the break between Western and Eastern Christianity in The Great Schism of 1054." The link for the course is at: http://www.ulcseminary.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=187

We also have some new little products in the store, like angel pins and bible tin mints. Very cute. I believe a Buddhism Course and a course based on the 12-step program are both on their way too.
The next thing that is of much concern to many is the Who's Who book. I have to apologize for this taking so long. I naiively thought that this would be a relatively simple task and so I didn't plan it very well, as far as timing and amount of time to invest. That aside, things are rolling along. I have a preliminary list of names of people who are in the book. I haven't confirmed payment by everyone and I haven't read all the entries, but this is the list so far:
Adam Rocke Alexandra Rose
Allana Leckie Barbara Hynal
Bill Pollard Carl Coglianese
Carol Birdwell Cathy Adamson
Charles Gilmore Cynthia Henry
Dale Furr Danilo Ines
David Sillasen David Moshier
David Tabor Deb Overfield
Debra Baker Diana Angelique
Dirk Wunsch Dona Lipscomb
Donald Hood Franklin Coleman
Glory Christensen Irene Bozich
James Gilchrist Jesse Hoog
Jim Towers Jody Hanson
Johnette Mason Judith Wolf
Kim Anne Kimberley East
Kitty Norris Kurt Fondreist
L Trip Swindell Lewis Levite
Linda Blankenheim Loretta Siani
Louis Hook Lynn Turner
Mark Lightfoot Michael Kuk
Patricia Fleury Patrick Schwab
Peggy Muse Robin Russell
Rodney Langley Royden Harrill
Sandra Weeks Sarita Toyber
Scott Robb Sharon Myer
Steve Hawkes Sue Henley
Tara Joles Terry Rundell
Theresa Brooks Therese May
Walter Moline William Gameson
If you want to be in the book and submitted something, but don't see your name here, let me know please. If you would like to get in the book, you can still get in. I'll accept some entries for the next very short while as I finish reading and editing the existing submissions. If your name is on the list and you haven't sent payment, please do so. :)

If you'll notice, I have upgraded the minister picture slide show, but am still working on fixing the 'featured minister' section. I have no idea why it's not working.

If anyone knows about operating a prison ministry and/or a hospital ministry, please let me know how you went about creating it. I'm especially interested in prison ministries, since we have had a lot of interest.
Also, once this Who's Who book is done, I'll be finishing the Weddings, Funerals and Rites sequel. It's well on its way to being done, so I hope to get it finished up soon.

Oh, for those of you who received the same newsletter a bunch of times in a row and then got a newsletter or sample practically every day, I do have to apologize. Glitches happen and it took me a little while to figure out what the problem was. :) 

If you've sent in your essay and haven't received your degree yet (and it has been more than a few weeks) let me know. I think I'm caught up, but I don't want anyone to ever slip through the cracks.
I'd also like to take a moment to thank Sharon Mayer, who was so kind as to send me a care package late last month. It was entirely unexpected and greatly appreciated.

There has also been a change in the Master of Wiccan program. It seems that the authorship of the program has come into question, but it has been sorted out and you'll see the change reflected on the listing.
As always, I appreciate having you as a member of the ULC Seminary. I do my best to keep things fresh for you all and appreciate all your suggestions, assistance and input. 

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know by writing to amy@ulcseminary.org.

Amy Long
ULC Seminary Director

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive and affordable online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, a beginning course on  Wicca, as well as a beginning course on  Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is a free and lifetime ordination, so use the Free Online Ordination, button. We also make available many free wedding ceremonies for your use, as well as funeral ceremonies and other types of ceremonies.

 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program where you can earn the coveted title of Chaplain. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church materials to help you with your professionalism and confidence.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and an amazed by the frequent upgrades and new functions of the seminary.
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: