Monday, May 24, 2010

Universal Life Church

 Universal Life Church Announcement - December 2008
Happy Holidays! I'd like to keep you updated on the latest news at the Seminary. I've been spending a lot of time recently working on the website. If you haven't checked it out lately, please note the change in the side-bar navigation, as well as the drop-down menu at the top of the page. My goal is to make it easier to find the various pages on the site.
YOUTUBE VIDEOS - The other new thing we're doing is adding video to the website and we need your help. I've been doing some searching on youtube for some appropriate videos to use on the site. What I'd rather have is video directly from you, the Seminary congregation. What I would love to have is a wide variety of videos where you talk about your ministry, why you became ordained, a funny story about a wedding you did, a story about a funeral, any sermons, etc. If you mention the ULC Seminary in it, it'll definitely go up. I'd like to have videos all over the site from our ministers. I've put a few relevant videos up in a few places, so please check them out. I'd like to have people talking about the courses they've taken and/or anything else about what you're doing and how it fits in with the Seminary. When you post it on youtube, send me the link and make sure there's a link for me to embed it on the site. If you only want it on our site, you can put that as an option, to make it available to only you (or us). Please email me your youtube link to amy@ulcseminary.org.
ANNOUNCEMENTS ARCHIVE -This new page is an archive of all of our announcements. The announcements contain more timely information than the newsletters and we send them to everyone at once. People have asked to see previous ones, so I thought it would be a good idea to archive them for people to browse through.
 
Please remember that some of the things mentioned in the mailings are either done or may not necessarily be available at this time. The page is Mailing Archive . I've got quite a few of them put up so far and more will be added as they get sent (like this one, for instance).
NEW MINI SITES - I've been getting a few people who have offered to help with the new mini-sites. I'm still waiting to hear back from several of them, so please keep checking them out and see what you see. I'd like to put some of the new videos on these sites as well.
The current new 'mini' sites are:
  • www.universallifechurchseminary.org - this one discusses ordination and shares some ordination stories
  • www.ulcseminary.net - this site has online sermons. There are just a few up now, but there will be more.
  • www.ministersupplies.com - I'm going to list reviews and more expansive information of some of the products.
  • www.onlineseminary.org - This has a description of all the seminary courses with links to samples and broader descriptions
  • www.ulcceremonies.com - this one has some ceremonies for weddings and funerals. As I get a chance, it will be expanded.
  • www.weddingwordsandmore.com - This site just focuses on weddings. All the wedding info on the site will all be in one place so if weddings are your main interest, this would be a great site to visit.
NEW NING COMMUNITY - If you haven't already joined, please check out the new NING community that we have set up for the ULC Seminary. The address to join is: http://universallifechurchseminary.ning.com. It's kind of like myspace and facebook, but it's for our type of crowd. We've already got several hundred members and people seem to be enjoying having other ULC members to talk to.
DONATIONS - I would like to express my sincere appreciation for those of you who have recently sent donations to the seminary. I will mention a few names here of those who were particularly generous: Sharon Mayer, Paul Hurst, Charles Greenlee, Ernest Jones, Jackie Rago, Dino Kelly, and Oral Newsome.
The paypal address for the seminary is amy@ulcseminary.org. There's a way to offer donations on the website too, but a shipping charge automatically adds. If you wanted to donate the equivalent of the shipping charge, you could place an order for just a donation and it would only charge you the shipping. It would be so much appreciated if you could.
NEW COURSE - The New course on Gnosticism is now available in the church store. I'm working on getting up a sample and a more expansive course description, but the course, written and donated by Bishop Pat, is now available. I'd like to point out, for those who have made comments, that I put up the courses as they come in. I have no control over who offers to write a course, so if I have several of one type of religion come in and then several of another, that has nothing to do with the direction of the Seminary or any religious preferences one way or another. If there's a course you'd like to see, let me know and, if possible, find an appropriate instructor for me to contact. Gnosticism
 
Essays from the various programs are at: www.ulcseminaryprogram.blogspot.com.
EVENTS DIRECTORY - I've mentioned this before, but so far, it's still in the imagination state. I had someone offer to help, but I never heard back from him. When it's functional, you'll be able to record your events after they happen. You can post your weddings, funerals, house blessings, etc. and have a public record of your achievements. It'll be great for reference and to let people know what ULC ministers are doing.
STOCKING STUFFER SPECIAL - The Stocking Stuff Special is back. This package is great for getting someone you love some ULC swag for the holidays. The link is: Stocking Stuffer Special.
PRE-MARITAL COUNSELING KIT - We have a new product that might be of interest to those of you who do weddings for your local congregations. It's for those who do Christian pre-marital counseling. It has video, audio tapes and questionaires and such to fill out. I like that this has more than just questionaires, but has video and audio as well. I'm looking for something comparable for those who are spiritual, Pagan, etc., but haven't found a good one yet. If you know of a good one that's comparable, please please please email me and let me know.
Pre-Marital Counseling Kit
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc. please feel free to ask. Oh, and if your name is, by chance, incorrect, it can easily be adjusted just by letting me know. :)
Rev. Amy Long Program Director, www.ulcseminary.org
*******************************
The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive and affordable online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, a beginning course on  Wicca, as well as a beginning course on  Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 
Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is a free and lifetime ordination, so use the Free Online Ordination, button. We also make available many free wedding ceremonies for your use, as well as funeral ceremonies and other types of ceremonies.  
 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program where you can earn the coveted title of Chaplain. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church materials to help you with your professionalism and confidence.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and an amazed by the frequent upgrades and new functions of the seminary.  
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: