Monday, May 24, 2010

Universal Life Church

CEREMONY BOOK - Many of you who have been around for awhile, know that I'm in the process of writing a sequel to Weddings, Funerals and Rites of Passage. Well, know that I'm almost done. If you have a ceremony (please no more wedding ones unless it's something really really unusual), now is your chance. This book nicely complements the first one and will be around 400 pages. When I get a little closer to being done, I'm going to offer it at a special pre-order price. I would suggest you order then because it'll be a good-sized savings. 
 
The books will also be sold as a set too. The first has gold leaf and the second will have silver, with a nice black cover. It will also be hardbound. Funeral ceremonies and other rites of passage are all being considered. House blessings too. I have several Pagan ones, one Christian one and one that is a mixture of several things. This is your last chance because I expect the book to be done in the next month or so, if I keep doing what I've been doing. I'm mostly working on the re-write right now, but I wanted to give one last shout out.
Please remember that some of the things mentioned in the mailings are either done or may not necessarily be available at this time. The page is http://www.ulcseminary.org/mailingsarchive.php. I've got quite a few of them put up so far and more will be added as they get sent (like this one, for instance).
PAYPAL INFO : The paypal address for the seminary is amy@ulcseminary.org. For those of you who wish to order products using your paypal account, just go through the ordering process and when you checkout, use the 'check or money order' option. When you make the payment through paypal, include your order number and we'll send your order right out.
NEW COURSE - The New course on Gnosticism is now available in the church store. I'd like to point out, for those who have made comments, that I put up the courses as they come in. I have no control over who offers to write a course, so if I have several of one type of religion come in and then several of another, that has nothing to do with the direction of the Seminary or any religious preferences one way or another. If there's a course you'd like to see, let me know and, if possible, find an appropriate instructor for me to contact.
Essays from the various programs are at: www.ulcseminaryprogram.blogspot.com.
YOUTUBE VIDEOS - The other new thing we're doing is adding video to the website and we need your help. I've put up a few youtube clips I've found, but what I'd rather have is video directly from you, the Seminary congregation.
What I would love to have is a wide variety of videos where you talk about your ministry, why you became ordained, a funny story about a wedding you did, a story about a funeral, any sermons, etc. If you mention the ULC Seminary in it, it'll definitely go up.
I'd like to have videos all over the site from our ministers. I'd like to have people talking about the courses they've taken and/or anything else about what you're doing and how it fits in with the Seminary. When you post it on youtube, send me the link and make sure there's a link for me to embed it on the site. If you only want it on our site, you can put that as an option, to make it available to only you (or us). Please email me your youtube link to amy@ulcseminary.org. Some people are even using their phones to do the taping and that's fine. Just put it up and let me know. If you don't know how to post it on youtube, but you have a video, zip it up and send it to me.
NEW MINI SITES - These are smaller sites with samples of things that are on the main site, as well as some new information:
ANNOUNCEMENTS ARCHIVE -This new page is an archive of all of our announcements. The announcements contain more timely information than the newsletters and we send them to everyone at once. People have asked to see previous ones, so I thought it would be a good idea to archive them for people to browse through.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc. please feel free to ask. Oh, and if your name is, by chance, incorrect, it can easily be adjusted just by letting me know. :)
Rev. Amy Long Program Director, www.ulcseminary.org
 
*******************************
The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive and affordable online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, a beginning course on  Wicca, as well as a beginning course on  Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 
Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is a free and lifetime ordination, so use the Free Online Ordination, button. We also make available many free wedding ceremonies for your use, as well as funeral ceremonies and other types of ceremonies.  
 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program where you can earn the coveted title of Chaplain. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church materials to help you with your professionalism and confidence.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and an amazed by the frequent upgrades and new functions of the seminary.  
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: