Monday, May 24, 2010

Universal Life Church

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

Hello!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS - Not a lot of big news this month, other than some outstanding sales and just general well-wishes on my part to you. Just so you know, I'm very grateful to be able to be part of the ULC and to head up its seminary. I love being able to share in your lives, even if only in a small way, and I rejoice in hearing all the great things you all are doing. Thank you for being there

 

KIND WORDS - The kind words campaign has been a huge hit! On a whim, I decided to add all of our seminary students to the list. I think it was a good decision. I've sent out several emails so far and have gotten some great responses. As with all acts of kindness, it's selfish on my part. I feel so darn good every time I send one out that I grin for days. I can feel the well wishes coming back my way. If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do. It costs nothing and asks for nothing. The one thing I have found that surprised me was that I've had 5 or 6 people unsubscribe. I guess I'm curious as to why. Why wouldn't you want to hear some kind words coming your way. I like to get them, even the ones I wrote myself and sent myself. lol. Please sign up at any time.

 

It's available at www.ulcseminary.org/kindwords.php.

 

SALE ITEMS - For the month of December, I've decided to go all out and put a lot of stuff on sale. This is a great opportunity to get some things that you've been wanting from the Seminary, but didn't have the money for. I know the times are tough for everyone, so I thought a deep discount would be a great Christmas/holiday present that you can give yourself. There are going to be a lot of things on sale, so go to the sale section to view them all. If you have considered taking a course, this is the time because these are some great discounts on both courses and products.

http://www.ulcseminary.org/store/index.php?cPath=40

FREE TOOLBAR - I mentioned this in the last couple of newsletters and I'm going to throw it out here again as well. This is a free new toolbar for your computer. One of the newest aspects of it is the 'chat' section. People have asked if we were going to reinstate the chat area, so we've done it via the toolbar. It's a free, real-time chat section for anyone who wants to jump on and say hello. It's a great way to talk in real-time without giving out your personal email or other info.

Click here to get a look at what it is and, if you like it, download it quickly and for free: http://ulcseminary.ourtoolbar.com/

NEW NAVIGATION - If you haven't dropped by the site in the last couple of weeks, be sure to check our new navigation bar. I spent a lot of time on it getting all the pages on the site listed in a comprehensive way. One of the suggestions you ministers have said to me was that it would be good if I could create an easier navigation. The sidebars helped, but I think the new drop-down menus will clarify things. I think it'll make it a lot easier for people to find what's on the site. Let me know what you think. Perhaps you'll find areas on the site that you didn't know existed!

 

NEW COURSE - I mentioned this last month, but I thought I'd throw it out again. This is a unique course in that the first installment of 6 is free. Dr. Louis Hook has put it together and because of his reputation, we have agreed to offer it here for you in this unusual format. The course is called: The Foundations of Traditionalist Theology One. There are six installments and you can order them one at a time. The first free section is available at OMEGA DAWN.

 

The degree will be a Master of Traditionalism.

The rest of the course can be ordered at: http://www.ulcseminary.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=209

 

ULC BUSINESS CARDS - I'm sorry to say I've had to discontinue the business cards for the time being. The person who was making them for us seems to have disappeared. I can't contact him through email or phone, so I don't want to send him any more orders until I figure out what's going on. Sorry about that.

 

TWITTER/FACEBOOK/MYSPACE - Just a reminder that we are now on all of these social networking sites. I'm still getting the hang of it. For those that aren't on Twitter, but want up to the minute info (such as there is), the Twitter box is on the front page of the site and it updates automatically.

http://twitter.com/ulcseminary

http://www.myspace.com/ulcseminary

http://www.facebook.com/ulc.seminary

 

 

Thanks for everything!

 

Rev. Amy Long
Program Director

 


Visit Our Website |
ULC Seminary
http://www.ulcseminary.org
4714 Careyback Ave.
Elk Grove, CA 95758
916-690-1682

Warmly,

Amy Long
www.ulcseminary.org
916-690-1682
Wishing you all good things.......

Please go to this link and vote for me:
http://www.nexttopauthor.com/profile.cfm?aid=432
Try our new free toolbar at: http://ULCSeminary.OurToolbar.com/

No comments: