Monday, May 24, 2010

Universal Life Church

Universal Life Church Announcements - April 2009
Happy Upcoming Easter!
SALE - For April (through May 5th), , we are offering a great sale. We have had a great response to the Master of Divinity offer, so we will continue it through this next month as well, along with a new item that is going to be offered for a limited time only. It's a Bachelor of Divinity. If you wish to order them both, now is a great time. I suggest asking that the date of the Master of Divinity be made a few months after the Bachelor. Both will be on sale for this month.
It can be a great present to yourself or to someone you love. Usually, the Master of Divinity is only available through the Seminary Credential Package, but for this month, it's available as a stand-alone item. It's a wonderful addition to the Dr. of Divinity because most people are aware that a Masters degree comes before a Doctorate, so by showing that you have both, you give yourself some enhanced credibility and show the consistency in your dedication. The same is true for the Bachelor of Divinity. We've never offered this before, so take advantage while you can.
NEW COURSE - Previously, you got the announcement about the Master of Gnosticism, which is available through the link below and about the Dr. of Biblical Egyptology, offered through the link under that. http://www.ulcseminary.org/store/product_info.php/products_id=190
The newest course out is called the Master of the Gospel of Thomas. It just came out. For Christians, it's a great new look at another gospel. This gospel was touched upon in the Christian Studies course. It's a little different because it's not in story form, like the others, but rather a collection of sayings attributed to Jesus. For non-Christians, it's a wonderful look at some spiritual and healing words by a great leader of people. It's available from this link:
Essays from the various programs are at: www.ulcseminaryprogram.blogspot.com.
POTENTIAL NEW COURSES: We have several other courses in the works. We will release them as they become available. We post courses as they come in, so if you are interested in teaching one or know someone qualified who is, they can go to www.ulcseminary.org/coursesubmission.php for the info. I believe I still have one or two other courses that have been sent to me that haven't been addressed yet, so for that I apologize to those who have submitted them. I have to read and edit all the courses as they come through and I generally don't do more than 2 at a time. I'm currently working on 3, so I'm a bit behind on other things. I appreciate your patience.
CANADIAN APPROVAL - I've been doing a little research into getting approved in Canada. Headquarters says they have hired an attorney to help. I've posted a page at www.ulcseminary.org/canadianapproval.php with the general guidelines, so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated by many. If you're on the Ning community, let's start a discussion either there or on the forum at www.ulcseminary.org/forum. I've had some people send me some of the info they have so far and I'll be posting some of that. It's slow-going, but at least it's going. :)
ORDINATION CEREMONY - I've had several people ask me for a ceremony for ordination/installation. I don't have anything to offer. Have any of you come up with a ceremony to ordain someone into your church or for installation into your church? If so, please send it to me and I'll post it.
I'm still working on the ceremony book. I had to take a break in favor of getting these new courses out and getting my taxes done. Life happens to me too. I'm almost done though, so it shouldn't be too long.
FREECYCLE - On a different note, I found a really great website called Freecycle. (www.freecycle.org). Their motto is 'changing the world one gift at a time.' It's a way for people to give things direct to people who need it and for people to get a helping hand. I personally enjoyed giving away a toy chest and am looking forward to receiving some legos. (My kids have become lego nuts.) The site isn't everywhere, but it's in a lot of places, so I thought I'd give it a plug. I know there are a lot of generous folks at the ULC and others who are currently in need.
RSS FEED - The last thing is the RSS feed. I'm trying to figure out how to keep it updated by email. It's a WordPress blog. I can't make it work. Does anyone know how it works and can they help me set it up? That way I can keep it updated better. Thanks.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc. please feel free to ask. Oh, and if your name is, by chance, incorrect, it can easily be adjusted just by letting me know. :) Also, for those who have asked, there are still copies of the ULC book, The Many Faces of ULC available.
Rev. Amy Long
Program Director,
www.ulcseminary.org


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive and affordable online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, a beginning course on  Wicca, as well as a beginning course on  Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is a free and lifetime ordination, so use the Free Online Ordination, button. We also make available many free wedding ceremonies for your use, as well as funeral ceremonies and other types of ceremonies.

 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program where you can earn the coveted title of Chaplain. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church materials to help you with your professionalism and confidence.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and an amazed by the frequent upgrades and new functions of the seminary.
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: