Monday, May 24, 2010

Universal Life Church

ULC Announcements March 2009
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
CEREMONY BOOK - The new book continues to move along. I am mostly done with the editing. Other things (life) got in the way again and slowed me down. It happens. :) I apologize for my last announcement where it seems I wasn't clear enough about the people on the list. Those people are in the book, which is why they are getting a free copy. For everyone else, I'll send multiple emails so you all can get a discounted copy for ordering early.
SALE - For March (through April 5th), , we are offering a great sale. One is on the Master of Divinity. It's on sale for $19.95 (a $10 savings.) http://www.ulcseminary.org/store/product_info.php/cPath/23/products_id/192 It can be a great present to yourself or to someone you love. Usually, this is only available through the Seminary Credential Package, but for this month, it's available as a stand-alone item. It's a wonderful addition to the Dr. of Divinity because most people are aware that a Masters degree comes before a Doctorate, so by showing that you have both, you give yourself some enhanced credibility and show the consistency in your dedication. We've never offered this before, so take advantage while you can.
NEW COURSE - Last announcement, I talked about the New course on Gnosticism, which is now available in the church store. I'd like to point out, for those who have made comments, that I put up the courses as they come in. I have no control over who offers to write a course, so if I have several of one type of religion come in and then several of another, that has nothing to do with the direction of the Seminary or any religious preferences one way or another. If there's a course you'd like to see, let me know and, if possible, find an appropriate instructor for me to contact. This course is available through the link below. http://www.ulcseminary.org/store/product_info.php/products_id/190
We do have another new course available. It's called the Dr. of Biblical Egyptology. This course talks about Moses and the Exodus. I think Egyptian stuff is really interesting on quite a few levels, so I'm personally enjoying the course very much. It's available through this link: http://www.ulcseminary.org/store/product_info.php/cPath/29/products_id/191
Another course that will be coming out soon is call the Master of the Gospel of Thomas. It should be available by next month. For Christians, it's a great new look at another gospel. This gospel was touched upon in the Christian Studies course. For those who are not Christian, it's a wonderful look at some spiritual and healing words by a great leader of people. We have many more courses to come, so keep an eye out.
Essays from the various programs are at: www.ulcseminaryprogram.blogspot.com.
POTENTIAL NEW COURSES: We still have those two things in the works, but I need more of your help. The first is that we're working on a course for pastoral counseling. What the instructor would like to know is what sort of questions/topics you'd like to get covered in the course. What questions do you get asked? What would you like to know more about to help you in your ministry?
The other question is 'What course would you like to see?' The author of the course on Prayer and Dr. of Metaphysics, Dr. Loretta Siani, is interested in writing a new course and would like to know what sort of course/topic interests you. For both of these questions, please send me an email and let me know.
CANADIAN APPROVAL - I've been doing a little research into getting approved in Canada. Headquarters says they have hired an attorney to help. I've posted a page at www.ulcseminary.org/canadianapproval.php with the general guidelines, so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated by many. If you're on the Ning community, let's start a discussion either there or on the forum at www.ulcseminary.org/forum. I've had some people send me some of the info they have so far and I'll be posting some of that. It's slow-going, but at least it's going. :)
SEMINARY GRADUATES - We have more graduates. Michael Barth and Nitza Melgar are two of the most recent. James Connor has also graduated recently. Their information will be going on the site shortly. They've been doing a great job.
Nitza says:
"Dear Amy,

I wish to thank you and all the professors for the wonderful programs and courses you have offered.  I have achieved my Master of Ministry through the ULC Seminary and I am two courses away, from my Doctorate.   I love this Seminary.  I love all my fellow ministers.  It has been one of the best experiences of my life.   Being a good Minister means a great deal to me.  Your Seminary has given me the opportunity to study and learn a whole new world of ideas.

Thank you all so much.  And least I forget, thank you especially, Amy for all your kindness and support.  Whenever, I had a question or a problem, you were right there to help me through.  You are the best.  ULC is very lucky to have you as the President of the Seminary.

May the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob watch over all of you.  And may AWEN be always present in your life.

PAX,
Rev. Nitza L. Melgar, ULC Minister, SBT, Christian Druid"

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc. please feel free to ask. Oh, and if your name is, by chance, incorrect, it can easily be adjusted just by letting me know. :) Also, for those who have asked, there are still copies of the ULC book, The Many Faces of ULC.
Rev. Amy Long
Program Director,
www.ulcseminary.org


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive and affordable online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, a beginning course on  Wicca, as well as a beginning course on  Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is a free and lifetime ordination, so use the Free Online Ordination, button. We also make available many free wedding ceremonies for your use, as well as funeral ceremonies and other types of ceremonies.

 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program where you can earn the coveted title of Chaplain. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church materials to help you with your professionalism and confidence.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and an amazed by the frequent upgrades and new functions of the seminary.
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: